• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help Quick!!!

Rockhound

NAXJA Forum User
more and more often now when i near 45-50 mph my front end starts shaking violently. dw? i can barely steer and braking, of course, only makes it worse. its goten to wear i can tell when its coming and if i let off the gas it ceases. i put a new ome stabilizer on today and it stiffened up my steering but definitely didn't fix the problem and i have no clue where to look.

1991 4.0 ho, 6.5" 33's

more and more often now when i near 45-50 mph my front end starts shaking violently. dw? i can barely steer and braking, of course, only makes it worse. its goten to wear i can tell when its coming and if i let off the gas it ceases. i put a new ome stabilizer on today and it stiffened up my steering but definitely didn't fix the problem and i have no clue where to look.

If it happens all the time it aint DW.....and with DW it usually stops when you brake.....I would check for a loose of bad track bar....

what have you done already to fix the situation?

in the process of ordering a new trackbar from RE. i took it to the shop and had them check out my linkage and they "said" it all is fine. thats it, haven't had any time. thought about my trackbar, which is a crustys and it wouldn't surprise me.

Have your tires balanced.

getting tires re-balanced tomorrow.
does anyone know if the RE hd trackbar is compatible with rustys hd mount? they say it requires their certain mount but i don't want to spend more than i have to.

Rockhound

Eagle said:
Have your tires balanced.

Have your tires balanced

dynamic balance

high quality, "best they ever did" balance

"you don't care if there are weights on the outside of the wheels" balance

or as Eagle would say "Have your tires balanced"

Back