• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 pinion

klcs

NAXJA Forum User
Im putting 4.56 in 8.25 I have everything out except for the pinion gear. I have hit the thing so hard with a hammer there are no threads left .please help

Man, that should come out a lot easier than that. Are you saying the threads are gone because the end of the pinion has 'mushroomed'? Normally just a few whacks with 3 lb sledge and a brass punch are all it takes for me.
I see you posted this yesterday, did it ever come out?

Absdad said:
Man, that should come out a lot easier than that. Are you saying the threads are gone because the end of the pinion has 'mushroomed'? Normally just a few whacks with 3 lb sledge and a brass punch are all it takes for me.
I see you posted this yesterday, did it ever come out?
I hit the thing for 2 days and it finally broke free, I even heated it with a torch didnt work. Woke up in the morning hit it 5 times it fell out. Yea and there were no threads left they mushroomed till they just broke off. I got it though.

Back