• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broke a sensor

SUA SPONTE

NAXJA Forum User
IntakeManifoldbeingPreppedforCleani.jpg

thought it would be good to remove that sensor on the left side of the manifold before letting her soak in the solvent tank. It sheered right off with out much elbow grease. Does anyone know what this sensor is and where i can get a new one?

Also, I was wondering about my egr system- I couldnt find a write up for removing it. I was thinking about making a plate to cover the hole on the manifold left by the diaphram housing and putting a bung in the exhaust manifold. This all it would take? Sure am tired of running exhaust through my intake-it is so gummed up i wonder how my engine was running at all. Sorry about the newb questions and I just want to say thanks for all the help. Couldnt do much with out this site and its members-
cheers
RLTW

Last edited:
Sorry about the confusion- this is just a reference picture- my manifold is in a solvent tank right now-its the sensor with the short wire to the left of the T. B.-

That sensor should be your intake air temperature sensor (two-wire job with a Delphi Weatherpack, right?) and it's a standard GM part. I just got a couple in from Marren Fuel Injector (www.injector.com) - but they have a minimum order, so I met it.

If you need one, I've got one NIB - how's $20, shipped USPS Priority, sound? It's for RENIX - 1990 and down w/AMC engine - because that's all I have around here anyhow...

Back