• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Towing Options

Thanks I was kinda leary because of the price. But man thats cheap. was looking a haveing the tabs welded to my ft reciever

I will be towing my juck on a flat trailer. This type of tow bar I think is made more for towing behind a motorhome. I personally would never tow my rig withone being that it is lifted and setting on 36's.... but to each his own.

I tow mine with no problem with a bar as shown. You will need to get the gear to mount the draw bar on your rig. I got mine from U-Haul and installing it requires removing the bumper temporarily. If you have an auto tranny you tow with t-case in neutral, transmission in park, and ignition switch in the first on position (lets the steering wheel move freely). While at U-Haul spend $30 on set of lights with magnets that stick on back of your rig. Chuck

PS: I see you plan to mount tabs via welding, much easier than above.

The biggest drawback on flat towing is the lack of brakes.

I use a tow dolly and it has electric brakes. I routinely pull it through the mountains with no issues. Due to the width, it is extremely stable, more so than a trailer.

Back