• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Garry's Xbuggy build

Paul S

NAXJA Member #103
That's right folks, he's seen the light & is going the unibody route. The goal is a lightweight (2600 lbs) Hammer eater capable of a few Comps a year.
It'll be a mixtrue of Toyota parts with XJ technology (unibody for instance), & a few key XJ parts here & there.

I'll post the first build pics next week, in the meantime, Garry's going to have some nice flat panels for sponors to show their goods.

This is all he's come up with so far:

standard

More to follow next week.

Paul

I've had those pistachios. They gave me gas.

Can't wait to see it Garrys new project. Is it gonna be ready for JV in November?

Rick

Rick XTRM XJ said:
I've had those pistachios. They gave me gas.

Can't wait to see it Garrys new project. Is it gonna be ready for JV in November?

Rick

Shooting for the Roxy Bash (Sept. 13th), so there's about a 50% chance he'll be ready for the pre-Turkey run.

Paul

I talked to Gary last week for 1/2 hour about this project and it doesn't sound like he's going to have any Jeep stuff on it... :dunno:

I guess the formula Toy chassis is unibody, but so is every other buggy and tons of other vehicles....

22re, A340, geared down Toy case, Toy axles, Toy frame, formula Toy body, custom leafs all around.... where's the XJ tech? maybe he just failed to mention it when we talked...

BrettM said:
I talked to Gary last week for 1/2 hour about this project and it doesn't sound like he's going to have any Jeep stuff on it... :dunno:

I guess the formula Toy chassis is unibody, but so is every other buggy and tons of other vehicles....

22re, A340, geared down Toy case, Toy axles, Toy frame, formula Toy body, custom leafs all around.... where's the XJ tech? maybe he just failed to mention it when we talked...

Knowing Garry, his project direction will change at least 4 times in the next 6 months. It could end up being anything from a Formula Toy to a Unimog.

Back