• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ox Locker Controllers

fubar XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I'll be putting my Ox Locker loaded diffs in the XJ in the not too distant future, and I'm wondering where the folks that have them put the controller levers. I'm thinking of mounting them one on each side of the center console, between the console and the edge of the seat. That'll keep them out of the way and easily accesible, and the cable will be out of sight under the plastic shroud. My only concern is that the controller will be mounted to plastic, which I plan on dealing with by screwing a sheet metal backing plate to the inner surface of the shroud to handle the stress of moving the lever back and forth.

What are your thoughts?

Ox now make an electrical cable puller thingy. All you need in the cab is a switch and the cable puller electric thingy is mounted obove the diff. Can't help you on your real question about the controll levers but you can reto fit the new electric actuators if you choose.

well you could fabricate a steel box of sorts to fit the angle of the center consule. The plastic center consule then funtions as a cover and all the weight and leverage of the lever is on a steel angle bracket on the back side of the plastic.

I havent used an OX before so i dont know how hard the pull is. If its as tough to engage as the transfer case you will trash your consule i think.

If its like a mountain bike shifter lever then the plastic can handle it. Some steel in a vise, heated and bent to match the angle of the consule seems like easy insurance though.

what year is the XJ? as the consoles are rather dif from the earlier years to later years. and as asked above it depends how stiff the push/pull is to de/activate the locker is too.
either side of the console sounds ok tho, you'd have some metal to attach to, and would give a symetrical/balanced
look if thats what you are after.

Back