• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Lift... Any good?

AkJeepKid

NAXJA Forum User
So im lookin to lift my XJ, nothing super fancy or costly... for now. I found this on ebay for $500 and was wondering if it was a good deal/worth it. Mind you this is going on my DD and wont be taken off road tooo much, until I get vehicle #2. Also would there need to be any major modifications? say... SYE?

Thanks for input, off to work I go.

Robert

... forgot the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-02-Jeep-Cherokee-XJ-4-5-Lift-Kit-NEW-4x4-2x4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33585QQitemZ140096365558QQrdZ1

That kit doesn't look to be worth the money. First, 4.5 inches from an add-a-leaf and shackle is going to ride like ass. Second, those arms look to be fixed with poly bushings, and these aren't going to be good for your control arm brackets.

I would look for spring packs and either adjustable arms that deflect (rubber or flex joints). Rusty's has a pretty good kit for the price.

Check out the 4.5 with spring packs. You'll notice his fixed arms are rubber bushings.

Rusty's lifts

Back