• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP - Raised Shock Mounts

jeepboy_90

NAXJA Forum User
I know that a few months ago I saw a post on someone taking the old mounts and reusing them to make raised mounts. Have searched and searched for this post please help. I was pretty detailed with pic's and a write-up. Thanx

I don't reuse em. I make new ones from a common off the shelf part from NAPA and a stock spring perch from RE.
take a stock stamped spring perch and cut it in half. drill a 5/8" hole in it and go down to NAPA and order up part # p-19 for 2 of them. then bolt it down and weld it up.
jeepboy_90 said:
I know that a few months ago I saw a post on someone taking the old mounts and reusing them to make raised mounts. Have searched and searched for this post please help. I was pretty detailed with pic's and a write-up. Thanx

i used a piece of angle iron. something like this LO except it both ends sit against the tube and i drilled ahole and stuck a bolt through welded it in and done. cost about 4$

http://www.projectxj.com/mods/stocker/shock.relocate.htm

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

Back