• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ladder rack

jeeptree

NAXJA Forum User
Just so you all know I did a search and did not find what I was looking for. I was wondering if any one had made a ladder rack. Its simple I know but I don't want this thing falling off or getting pulled off because some one likes it."if you now what I mean" So If some one has seen one with a lock or something of that nature. It would be helpful I was thinking of making one with a half rack as well as a ladder all in one seeing that my ladder is a foldable one it is just big enough to put the back seat down to fit in the back of my jeep, and with a kid in the back I cant have that. but its small enough to put more then just the ladder up there. maybe this is a new thing but half ladder and half storage would be cool to see. It would also be helpful when I need the room. any ideas would help!!

is this a step ladder or a number of 20 something foot extension ladders ?

I have a thule roof rack, the bars are square steel perfectly level from side to side compared to a stock rack which is bowed and tapered shaped. This helps i have carried ladders on mine before. The thule system has a thing called a load stoper i think. Its a lil 90 degree triangle that makes a stopper on the cross bars so you can lock in a position of a ladder, wood, etc and not worry about it shifting side to side. You still need bungee cords and a ratchet strap etc to be sure.

Just put a simple bike lock on it. That will stop most thiefs .... but if they really want it they will smash your window and take it, the lock or being inside your jeep doesnt really "protect" it from a crack head who will sell your $500 little giant for $15 in crack.

I look at it like this its a 200. dollar ladder. then I have to look at it like this my gfs X is a a $$ hole that is looking at any why to pi$$ me off. he told my gfs 5 year old "his own son" that he was going to pay his friends "when they get out of jail" to kill me. and make it look like it was car crash. and it would make me feel better if it was locked down.
the ladder is like a little giant, but lighter.

Back