• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 question

outlander said:
I sent them an email and they said that it will be in production in late april for the 29 spline 8.25...

I got a similar message......1.5 years ago!

TRAILREADYXJ said:
I got a similar message......1.5 years ago!
No shit?I wonder why they're stringing people along?Screw it I'll get a power trax no slip,I've always liked them anyway but the aussie could've been cheaper and just as good.

powertrax must be paying them not to. That's the only explanation that I can come up with. They've been saying it's right around the corner for years.

I quit waiting and tossed teh 8.25 for a 44.

outlander said:
just because an aussie isn't available for it?:looney:

I've thought about it too. Around here, there is a junkyard that sells about any axle for $200. I could almost swap the axle and lock it with an aussie for the cost of the no-slip! I'm probably eventually going to do an 8.8 so I get disks with the deal too.

TRAILREADYXJ said:
I've thought about it too. Around here, there is a junkyard that sells about any axle for $200. I could almost swap the axle and lock it with an aussie for the cost of the no-slip! I'm probably eventually going to do an 8.8 so I get disks with the deal too.

I got my XJ 44 for 125. Aussie was 230ish. Add paint, diff guard, new brake lines, new outer bearings, etc and I was right about at the cost of an 8.25 no-slip...and I had eliminated the leaky pinion seal!

Ofcourse, in the process I had to throw some disc brakes on it, which added probably 150-200 to the whole cost. Definitley well worth it though IMO. Would have been about the same to add discs to the 8.25.

But everyone's different, and finds themselves in a different situation. I found a diamond in the rough 44 under an XJ in the junk yard. I jumped on it! NOt everyone is that lucky. lots of people make the 8.25 work for them.

Back