• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Original Equipment Options

You can take the VIN number to a Chrysler/Jeep dealer and they can usually look up the build sheet for you. If they cannot, you can email Chrysler and they will email you the build sheet for your ride. This will have all the factory installed options listed for you.

Your jeep is too old for the dealers to do a build sheet they only go back 10 years. Guess how I know? Same with emailing chrysler. I did both and got the same responce on my 87.

There is a vin decoder. I don't remember the site addy but I'm sure it would not be hard to find in a search. But it will only give you some of the basic build information engine, tranny, power, ect.

Thanks Guys for the help, i got this 89 from original owne but got no factory paperwork from the dealer who handled the sale:passgas:

Only In A Jeep XJ said:
Your jeep is too old for the dealers to do a build sheet they only go back 10 years. Guess how I know? Same with emailing chrysler. I did both and got the same responce on my 87.

Not necessarily - there are issues with finding pre-'88 (i.e., AMC-era) option sheets; Chrysler evidently didn't roll all of the old records into their system. '88 can be patchy, but '89-up is usually OK.

There is a vin decoder. I don't remember the site addy but I'm sure it would not be hard to find in a search. But it will only give you some of the basic build information engine, tranny, power, ect.

Yes, it's that one on the Russian site. Don't bother with it; it can't return option sheets. About the only information you can get from it are things you can ascertain from looking at the vehicle.

If the dealer route doesn't work out for you, go here. Fill out the form (including the full VIN in the comments field) and explain that you're requesting an option sheet for the vehicle. Usually they'll get back to you within 24-48 hours, though it's usually faster than that. May take until Monday, though, given that it's a weekend.

Back