• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need paint advice

skipc

NAXJA Forum User
I've stripped, primed and painted a few cars in the past, lacquer and enamel. However, since then I know there are all sorts of new technologies out there. I need to repaint 2 - one is totally without clearcoat now and is sandable-paintable, the other has lost some of its clearcoat and has the rest (with wide white banding at the interface).

The questions is, what brand/type of stuff out there is compatible with the factory paint (actually, the totally faded one may have been painted once) and is of good quality? I dont' like 2-part ones like polyurethane. My setup is a garage with positive ventilation, so it can do lacquer, but without sealing it, that may lift the lower layer. I want easiest to spray, levels great, maybe even go without the clearcoat, tough to mess up.

I've seen some makers have hybrid types and it gets confusing. Some don't even identify if it's a lac or enamel... Any paint/body gurus out there? Anyone do this with good results? I'll probably need a couple specifics I can go check out, like brands/lines, or even ones NOT to use...

Thanks in advance,
Skip

There is a body forum that you might be able to get more out of than this one/

Back