• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help on a lift ideas

tclapp_88

NAXJA Forum User
i already have a 3 inch lift. i would like 4.5-5" inch. so would it be cheaper to just got to rustys and buy a 4.5 inch or to add the spacers and shackles and what not. i also dont know for sure everything that i would have to add if i just went the spacer/shackle way. lca, uca, break lines, tc drop. what else? also would 32's fit pretty well with 4.5-5"? thanks for the help

it would be cheaper to get a coil spacer and a shackle

i just bought Tnt's boomerangs 1.5" lift shackle and love them it makes my jeep ride soooo much smoother now

im really sittin 1" up front and 2.5 in the ass now

I am asking the same questions right now. I have a 3.5" RubiconExp kit with 30x9.5 BFGs. My leafs are a little saggy, so I wanna definitely add at least a small shackle for now. But I think I'm too cheap to lift the front more at this point because of how much extra crap goes into that. UCA's, better LCA's if you don't already have them, new track bar, brake lines, sway bar disco's if you don't already have them, and possible a transfer case drop if it gets vibes. In my opinion, that's a whole lotta money to only step up 1-1.5". I think I may just do about a .75" shackle in the rear for mine now, possibly a small TC drop, and then do some engine mods. As for yours, I don't know what kinda lift/components you have now, but if you have decent stuff on already, you could just go with a small (1 inch or less) spacer in the front and shackles in the back and probably be ok.

Back