• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric die grinders

needsrepair

NAXJA Forum User
I want to buy an electric die grinder and need your opinons on the best quality, longest lasting unit. I just smoked my Jepson 5238. It was fantastic for getting in tight spots but it didnt last long at all. It seemed to vibrate too much and just seemed like it was always ready to blow its guts out. Thanks

Electrics just suck,they dont have very good "duty cycles" and overheat to quick for most real work applications!They are also much bigger/heavier than their "air brother".

I bought a cheap Harbor Freight electric and have used it a number of times with great success! I don't know how long it will last, but it's proven worth the $29 or so I paid! Jeff

Depends on what you are using it for....every tool has a most appropriate use....personally I use air grinders....

BlackJax said:
http://www.metabousa.com/

I've had a Metabo 8A 900W electric grinder that has been going strong for 11 years and I use it every day. It's as good as any air grinder I've used. ;)
You obviously dont do any serious grinding,that sucker weighs 4 lbs.Try doing that for hours on end!

I worked in a mill/factory (marble counter tops actually). Used to grind 8 hours a day and used the same Metabo grinder. No problems, just made my forearms bigger. ;)

Back