• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" leaf pack to 4.5" - what to do?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well I am about to get some 3" leaf packs that have every feature you would want in a leaf pack (tef. pads, mil wrap, shot peen., ect) but really think thats too little of a lift for me .

So...

What would be the best way to add another 1.5" or there abouts to this pack?

I would just add another leaf from say a stocker, but these 3" packs have the teflon pads at the ends of each leaf, so would it hurt to add a leaf in there that doesnt have these pads?

If I do add a leaf in to them, what do you think I should go with for 1.5" more on a 3" pack? I was thinking maybe stock main leaf cut down? Or what about the second leaf in a stock pack?

I saw rustys has a 1.5" but its a short leaf and that would mainly just hurt for the flexability after about 3-4" of up travel, right?

I Cant do different shackles (got boomer. style now), Cant really do blocks (have ubolt eliminators), so I am goign with a AAL I guess.

Any help with this from someone that has done a 3" up to a 4.5" would be great.

someone, anyone lol

why cant you do a shackle? this would be the best solution and give more flex

well I already have prolly one of the best shackles there are avail for a XJ.. TNT boomerang 1" lift shackels. I guess I could get their 1.5" but thats still only .5 more.

yeah I guess I will do that if nothing else to start. But once it settles and I need a bit more lift I want to see what my options are and which are the best options..

AAL's suck, they're stiff and cause a crappy ride.
S-10 springs are also stiff but not as bad, so if you go to a junkyard and grab a set,take a leaf out of them and put it in you'll easily get an inch, take 2 leaf's and you'd probly get close to 2"s and so on... Although it would be more work to do that then just slapping an AAL in.

Last edited:
well my 3.5 RE springs sagged cause we would haul the boat around and load a bunch of sutff in the back. When i went to 33s i added just one mj leaf to the RE pack and it brought up real high, to the point where it didnt sag no matter how much i put in the back. I ended up putting a 1 inch coil spacer up front and it still sits higher in the back by 1/4 inch or so. Its a little stiffer but for someone like me who always has stuff in the back and takes a boat out everyonce in a while it has worked great. good luck

Back