• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so what do i need to make a d44 a 5 on 5.5?

rehab

NAXJA Forum User
im picking up a wagoneer front axle in a week or so and i have been searching NAXJA and Google all day trying to figure out a bolt pattern that will work with my rear axle (5 on 4.5). the best way i can find is using ford hub and rotors with Chevy calipers? and this will give me a 5 on 5.5 pattern and a cheaper wheel adapter. so my question is what do i need to look for when i go to the junk yard? as in year, model, make, etc. i know at my local yard there are plenty of 70's and 80's chevy trucks with d44's, so i am assuming i need the caliper and the caliper bracket to go with it right? then i need to pull a hub and rotor off a 70's ford right? will i need the ford spindle or the Chevy one? or are they both the same? also will I be able to use the wagoneer knuckle with all this stuff or do i need to pull a chevy or ford knuckle. forgive me if my terminology is messed up, its late and I am still recovering from the past couple nights of not sleeping.

oh yeah and i read through every piece of d44 tech on this site i just need some clarification. thanks in advance!

I have everything you need.

ford outters---- knuckles, spindle, caliper (prolly need new but these will give you core), rotors, dust shield is there but its toast, outer shafts, lock outs (unknown condition)

These are off a '79 ford super cab 1/2 ton and can MAYBE be used for hi steer.
I was going to try but I found my chevy flat top knuckle instead.
see this site or wait for more to post up more info:
http://77cj.littlekeylime.com/flatop_knucles.html

$150 for it all plus shipping.

PM me.

Back