• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need a lift

nycjeepguy

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody
this is my first post hope i'm doing this right.
i want to lift my 99 xj the problem is i live in queens ny about 20 min out of nyc. and every shop that i've checked out wants like a thousand or more to do a 2in lift or they don't speak english and look at me like my heads on fire
anyway i am looking for a shop or indivdaul to install a lift i am willing to travel
within reason 100 mi any help or advice would be great i can be reached by email [email protected] thanks

i dont want this to sound like im bashiong you or anything, but install it yourself. i think most 2 inch kits are just spacers i n the front and mayb a block or add a leaf in back. you would save yourself some money and learn something at the same time. buy the repair manual and have a ball.

yeah i thought about that but time and my skill level go against that. so i will pay someone to do it thanks for the reply

NAXJA is more like a library than a soup kitchen. Do a search on lifts and read what is there and assimilate to your own situation. Develop some ideas on what you want versus what is available versus what you can or cannot do yourself. Better yet, locate a local jeep club closer than that 100 mile marker and join it if it's hands on help you are looking for. The majority of folk using this forum do the majority of their own work on their XJ in order to save labor costs and maybe do a little bit more each time they modify or upgrade. A 2 inch lift can be handled in an afternoon if you research and gather what is needed and if you have the minimally required tools. Take the time necessary for you to read and absorb what others have done before you and you will be amazed at all the questions you can answer for yourself...including your own personal why(?) behind the upgrade.

Very often it is quite obvious that an individual did little or no research here by just looking at the question posed. I suppose some think that this forum is a shortcut to the quick fix for their xj. Sometimes it is. Most of the time, however, the research you do here will lead you in the right direction and educate you at the same time in most matters occuring with your jeep. Play detective, gather your clues and then maybe you can solve your mystery. Then your next question would really be worth reading, don't you think?

The two inch lift has several ways to get there, some better than others and some more costly than others. Read what others have done and why to help you determine your own needs in regards to lifting. Your answer is there, er, here. Use this forum wisely and it will benefit you greatly. Improper use is like getting your mailbox full of spam, making it hard to ferret out the valuable info that you seek. Good luck from a forum user who just located 30k s10 leafs with paint and paper stickers still on them for a bastard pack. I could not have deciphered that sentence a month ago myself.

gee i'm sorry if i came off as some kind of dumbass to you but i know what i want and i was looking for a place to get it done thanks but i think i know how to spend my money

Why exactly do you need a 2 inch lift? If you're doing it for looks, I'm sure Martha Stewart has her own forums.

If you're gonna go offroad with it, it's absolutely necessary that you know how to work on your rig.

Matt

Damn your all tearing this dude apart... Let him lift it for whatever reason he wants, whether its looks or hes actually gonna wheel it. Apparently he knows how to use the site and he asked if someone around his area could put it on for him, I doubt a search would have helped him with that.

MG2000XJ said:
Damn your all tearing this dude apart... Let him lift it for whatever reason he wants, whether its looks or hes actually gonna wheel it. Apparently he knows how to use the site and he asked if someone around his area could put it on for him, I doubt a search would have helped him with that.

x2 Best way to learn is to do. even if its just for looks, you'll stop and think to yourself whenever you come across an opportunity, well maybe I'll just try it.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK'S TO THE GUY'S THAT HELPED POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. AND TO A COUPLE OF OTHER'S A BIG BRONX CHEER AND A BIG F-U

Not all of the guys on here are asses. You just got lucky and found a pocket of dorks with nothin better to do then give people crap so they can feel big and strong, probley because there wives have there nuts in a jar next to the bed.
Anyway try Rocky Road I have there 2" lift it cost about $170.00 and the ride quality is the same as stock. As far as a good shop I cant help ya I am stationed in Germany right now or I would install it for ya. Enjoy your Jeep, and New York. Sleep easy there are a lot of people watchin out for you guys.
LONG LIVE NYC.:patriot:
100_1860.jpg

100_1849.jpg

Back