• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead console wiring - need to make harness

jkmhb

NAXJA Forum User
I've bought an overhead console from a 2001 to install into my 1998. I will need to make my own wiring harness. I know there was a good write up on www.paceenterprises.us, but this web site appears to be down (at least I can't get to it).

Has anyone done a download of this site - and could you post it here?

Thanks.

jkmhb said:
I've bought an overhead console from a 2001 to install into my 1998. I will need to make my own wiring harness. I know there was a good write up on www.paceenterprises.us, but this web site appears to be down (at least I can't get to it).

Has anyone done a download of this site - and could you post it here?

Thanks.
Doubt anyone has a download of someone else's site, and I think it would be discouraged for them to just spill it like that. However....

There's this handy new feature at the top of the page that we discussed long into the night and finally decided to call 'Search' - it may just shed some light on the questions you have.

Thanks for your helpful and well-thought out reply Yucca-Man. I thought this was a place where we could help each other. I already did search extensively on this site, and also jeepforum.com, jeepsunlimited.com, and ilovejeeps.com.

The posts that seemed to have what I needed all referenced www.paceenterprises.us.

Last edited:
any luck finding info? I am thinking about doing the same thing.. Oh and just ignore peoples rude comments on here it happens alot...

Will the trip computers work with the 2001 console in the 98?

The actual console and trip computer inside are the same from 1997-2001. The only thing that is different is the lower connectors on the wire harness. The connectors at the console end are exactly the same for all the model years. I have tested several different model year consoles (97,98,99) in my 2000 and all have functioned correctly. The wire harness is different for each year except 2000 and 2001. Some people have started off with the remote keyless entry wire harness and then added extra wires as needed. A Factory Service Manual for your year of XJ will show the function, location and colors of all the wires for the console.

Picture by JeepZZ
1997 on top
2000 and 2001 on bottom
wiringharness97_98_99and00thru01.jpg

Quick info. needed for 1998 wiring from FSM

If anyone could provide the pin outs for connectors C301 and C302 from the 1998 FSM it would be greatly appreciated. I will then post how to do the wiring conversion for a 2001 ohc in a 1998. Thanks.

Back