• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what yall think of my new bumper?

matus2

NAXJA Forum User
DSC03693bumpersmall.jpg

DSC03703bumpersmall.jpg

DSC03706bumpersmall.jpg

DSC03708bumpersmall.jpg

DSC03709bumpersmall.jpg

I'm gonna go take some trees down with it next weekend... I'll post some pics of the damage... muhahahaha

How does it affect approach angle? It looks like the bumper would hit before the front tire(s)?

Regardless, you did good work. Love the pre-runner look.

I like it, want to build me one?

IslanderOffRoad said:
I like it, want to build me one?

my buddy built it... he charges $450 - $500 for it and that includes the steel 1.5 inch mild steel 120 wall or 1.75 inch mild steel 120 wall... pm me if you want one...

The 2nd picture looks like an add for some type of new redneck port-a-potti:roflmao: sorry guys I couldn't resist...

i love it. its pre-runner to the T. if you're looking for nit-picking and criticism, my only two cents would be that i liked the look of the four vertical bars below the winch plate. I figured you welded the plate over it for some under-carriage protection, but i really liked the look of the four bars...I've heard of people putting grated steel there for better airflow (but the validity/practicality of that Im unsure) while still maintaining some protection. just an opinion, over all it looks fantastic, great welding, clean work...it certainly shows :) Ed

matus2 said:
my buddy built it... he charges $450 - $500 for it and that includes the steel 1.5 inch mild steel 120 wall or 1.75 inch mild steel 120 wall... pm me if you want one...

I don't have the cash for one now... but I may have to hit you up on that in a few months.

dspilot said:
looks like a shock boot to me.

looks good by the way!

yeah its just a regular setup.. coil and shock...

but c'mon gimme some criticism... I want to know what could use improving on... Ideas?

only thing I could think of addin is maybe a bar from the downward angled bars to the outer corner, kind re-inforce the fender protecter pipe. I really like the look of it without the plating aswell. if not adding an angled pipe upto corners than a larger diameter main beam to bulk up the look.
but thats all I can come up with, the design is good, as is the workmanship.

matus2 said:

How much would it cost to get it with the guy hanging off the front......its like a built-in spotter!:laugh2:

matus2 said:
but c'mon gimme some criticism... I want to know what could use improving on... Ideas?
Your welding!!
DSC03708bumpersmall.jpg

RCP Phx said:
Your welding!!
DSC03708bumpersmall.jpg

This bumper was created in about 18 hours.. from pipes that are laying down by the right front tire and a steel sheet... It is my fault partly, I wanted to have it back asap and wanted to get it done before the first naxja members meet here in phx... He finished at 5 and meeting was at 6... Next weekend I'm gonna bang it up and try to break it.. we'll see what happens... I'll post some pics...

Well be at Martinez Canyon all this weekend,bring it on down!

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
Well be at Martinez Canyon all this weekend,bring it on down!

You got a deal... PM me with details.. I can test out the 9500lbs winch while I'm at it...

Nice to see something a bit different.
I would have angled the top stinger back a bit further as it will get in the way just parking let alone doing three point turns in the bush. Needs bracing too. Still without it, you will be angling it back with the first nudge against a tree. ;)
Look better too if you moved the solenoid box under the hood.

Back