• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj lift kit on an xj?

Not quite. The zj (I believe) is a 4 coil suspension.....no leaf springs. I don't see why it wouldn't work up front, but you will have to find something else for the back.

Mopar It said:
oh so i buy 3.5" front zj coils for a 4.5" lift on my xj, then buy 4.5" leafs for an xj?

or you could just buy an xj 4.5" kit if you're buying new, it would probably cost the same.

The Merg said:
Put an XJ lift on an XJ? You're crazy!:shocked:

yeah, why would i want to do that when i could use ford coils and s10 leafs?

I have a question...

I understand the the springs on a ZJ have a bit higher spring rate. I have a heavy front bumper and with heavy winch up front and I'm looking for around 4.5-5" of lift. Should I get 4.5" ZJ springs? Its not street driven so I really don;t care about a harsh ride, but I want it to be flexy.

My thought process is go ZJ spring for a higher spring rate vs. going taller XJ spring and have it already sagging a bit because of the 200+lbs sitting on the nose.

Thoughts????

The Merg said:
Why bother when you could use 4.5" blocks and spacers?

I'd just run a body lift

firefight343 said:
XJ's are unibodies...and therefore can't have body lifts...right?

i've got one for sale. PM me for details.

I also switched out my 4.56's for some 3.07's so I'd have more torque in the trails...you know... lower gears...

Last edited:
Back