• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longer control arms??

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
If I already have LCA's that came with the RE 3.5" kit, would I still need longer ones to go 4.5"???

Hey, good question ... I'm wondering the same thing.
I'm considering going with the drop brackets to bring the control arm geometry back to stock.

Nope.....use the arms you have.

keener said:
Hey, good question ... I'm wondering the same thing.
I'm considering going with the drop brackets to bring the control arm geometry back to stock.

I have RE fixed arms at 4.5 with no issues. The kit comes wth them. I will be putting on RE drop brackets this week and it seems that the fixed arms will work. I'll post up (if I remember) after I get an alignment to let you know if I'll have to get adj arms.

My 96 XJ has a Rusty's lift kit that came on my 89 XJ when I bought it. The rear lift was 4.5 and the front was 3.5 and I hated the nose down look. Last weekend I replaced the lower control arms with fixed RE arms, put in one inch spacers and an adjustable track bar.

It looks and drives good now.

Back