• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rockslider install question

kbradner

NAXJA Forum User
On my rocksliders I just bought, I am trying to figure out how to mount them. I bought them used so they came with no hardware or insrtuctions. Is there a such a thing as a self threading bolt? I am trying to figure out whether to drill all the way through the frame rail or just one side and put a self threading bolt in it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes there are "self threading bolts" or self tapping if you prefer.Not knowing how your rails attach,here is how mine did,
Attached with 1/4-20 bolts about every 6-8" on the pinch seam and with 4 self tapping screws on the frame rail on the brace,s.A pilot hole will help with the self tappers.
Wayne

My Kevin's Jeep Parts rails installed with 3/8" self-tapping bolts, eight per side. It seems very stout, but has been tested on the trail only a few times. Kevin's claims you can jack the XJ up on the rock rail, I haven't tried that yet.

Back