• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Put Hubs on the Turdy

FitchVA

NAXJA Forum User
not really much to see or take pictures of. but spent friday night putting the warn hub conversion kit on the d30. and thanks to hadfield4wd for the use of his garage :eeks1:

took 'em off of this axle i bought in a good deal:
IMG_3320.jpg

and slapped the hub kit on my axle:
IMG_4595.jpg

because the kit was already "assembled" all i did was undo the 3 bolts that hold the hub to the knuckle and swapped out the stockers for the warn hubs & shafts. so i figured it wasn't too worth of taking progress pics

what did it all "come with"?
* warn hub kit
* warn inner and outer alloy shafts
* CTM u-joints :pimp:
* alloy usa axle tube seals

and i have a big daddy tie rod that i have to swap over next. nice little upgrade for an hour or so's time :yes:

the dude i bought it from also threw in a set of yukon inner and outer shafts that work with the warn hub kit along with a set of super joints. so i've got spares of that. not sure if i am going to sell them or not. gotta think on that.

oh, when i tried removing the alloy usa seals from the donor axle, i noticed the inner seals were torn. i shot them an email telling them about what i was doing and what had happened along with a pic of how they were ripping. they sent me out a brand spankin new set for free :bow: damn i love alloy usa :bow:

Nice upgrade............good score an that axle.

:cheers:

Spares chromos and super joints too! What a deal. I did this to mine as well and really like not having to mess with pinion front driveshaft vibes or locker effects anymore on the road. I noticed an improvement in MPG at first I hope you get this benefit as well.

Good for you :cheers:.

Last edited:
Back