• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1" Motor Mount

lbsnowryder

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the motor mounts while i'm installing a new motor. Can anyone tell me the benefits of a 1" taller motor mount other than lifting the oil pan.
I'm curious if this will reduce vibes caused by lifting. What kind of issues will i see from clearance. Will the fan shroud need to be moved. Will this put more stress on the front driveline. Why doesn't this get brought up more if it will reduce drivline angles?

I just signed up, i've been at JF for a long while and can't find anyone with experience on this. I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.

lbsnowryder said:
I need to replace the motor mounts while i'm installing a new motor. Can anyone tell me the benefits of a 1" taller motor mount other than lifting the oil pan.
I'm curious if this will reduce vibes caused by lifting. What kind of issues will i see from clearance. Will the fan shroud need to be moved. Will this put more stress on the front driveline. Why doesn't this get brought up more if it will reduce drivline angles?

I just signed up, i've been at JF for a long while and can't find anyone with experience on this. I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.

Ideally it is supposed to reduce driveline angles, but I've never used them myself, When I replaced my motor mounts I used the ones from rusty's that are normal height and they worked great. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

If you are lifting the belly up a few inches, it helps reduce the operating angle of the rear output u-joint. On a Wrangler there are a few reasons one would do it, and most include also doing a body lift. Seeing as how there is hardly any room to move up the t-case in a Cherokee, there's not much reason to. A buddy stuffed a 203/205 combo up through the floor without moving the engine up. The drivelines are long enough on an XJ it doesn't cause any problems.

If you are going to try it, you will have to move the fan shroud up on the radiator, and watch out for tunnel and firewall clearance. Not much wiggle room.

Back