• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Instrimunt cluster lights out

XJ9888

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1998 XJ, 150K on it. I had a incident while i was wheeling the other day. The backlights for my Instimunt cluster, my control head lights, and my 4x4 selector lights went out. The other thing that is happening is the Tach and Speedo drop off intermitently. When this happens the airbag light comes on as well. Sometimes they start working again on there own but sometimes, to get them to work again i have to push my odomiter button and they start working again. Havent checked fuses yet, because the pannel isnt labeled(thanks mopar). Even if the fuse is out i need to find out why. My thinking was that the cluster connector in the back of the cluster is loose, it created extra resistance and popped the fuse. Anybody have any ideas? anyone experienced the same problem? thanks for any advice.

Back