• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vinyl seat repair

daddyrat

NAXJA Forum User
First, I did the search for vinyl repair, but no go. My 94 XJ has vinyl type beige seats in it. The drivers side has a crack in seat part and one on the backrest. I have seen vinyl repair kits out there, has anybody had luck using one? I also thought about pulling the covers off and cross stitching them up. This seems like alot of work.

The vinyl is cracked and not really worn too bad. It seems if there was a way to repair the crack I would be fine for a while. Any ideas or suggestions?

march0411%20002%2050%25.jpg

Nobody has anything on this? My brother suggested getting a needle with a point that loops up and stitch it shut with nylon thread. Anybody use a vinyl repair kit successfully?

I've had some luck with a vinyl repair kit, but it wasn't on a crack that big. It was just a little tear in the door vinyl, can't even tell it was ripped to begin with. They work great on the little stuff, just have to wonder about the big stuff. I think you'd have better luck sewing it with nylon thread. Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck!

One more thing, if you go the sewing route, I would suggest a suture needle and some nylon thread. The suture needles we use at work are curved and would work great for your application. Have a good day.

Back