• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender question

xrayjeeper83

NAXJA Forum User
I bought my XJ with bushwacker flares on it. Well today I desided to pull them off, they hold to much mud and water up against the body. When I pulled the front off I noticed that the fender is really weak now, it moves around really easy. I was wondering what, if anything, yall did to help add the support that is lossed after cutting the fenders???

Andrew

put a thin piece of bar stock from the main chassis to the fender, like it was before the fenders were cut, look under a stock jeep fenderwell you'll see what im talking about.

Pretty sure the original is bolted to the body and then bolted to the metal strip that holds the bolts to the fender flare, the orginal one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

88-xj-laredo said:
Pretty sure the original is bolted to the body and then bolted to the metal strip that holds the bolts to the fender flare, the orginal one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct, sir. Just pulled my flares off today. You could probably bend the original support up and bolt/weld it to whatever flare/fender you have now.

Back