• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front fender idea

Stumpalump

NAXJA Forum User
What can you guys add to this front fender idea? Instead of just cutting them out I'm thinking about cutting 4 or 5 inch slits and folding the metal outward like a flair. These big tabs would give me somthing to rivit a strip of aluminum,plastic or rubber to make a front flair. Anybody ever seen this done or have a suggestion?

Ive seen a few other types of truck where people have done it. I really thought it looked hokey and poorly acomplished on them. I think the trick would be to mold it so it looks good and is able to stand up to use. I saw a prerunner f-150 a few weeks ago that didnt look bad but you could see where they used fiberglass to shape it and maybe they wernt done or unsure how to finish but it looked like it needed a few more hours of work.

Oh, I've also thought of a similar idea, where the tabs are bent inward instead, and still used as mounting tabs for a strip of thick plastic. It might look better as the mounting points would be hidden.

On the suggestion for flare material, I have used roll style lawn trim (the black edging some people use around the flower bed in the yard type of stuff). It cuts easily, is flexible, shapes easily, and is cheap, and rather durable.

ren said:
On the suggestion for flare material, I have used roll style lawn trim (the black edging some people use around the flower bed in the yard type of stuff). It cuts easily, is flexible, shapes easily, and is cheap, and rather durable.

I like that. All I could come up with was the rubber floor molding you see down low on the walls in comercial buildings. I'm getting sorry I cut and rolled the rear openings.

Back