• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom tool box?

Dannyx

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I got a 89 xj ive been doing alot of work to and now I want to build a tool box in the rear.. So my question is should I rip out the carpet and drill then bolt the box in or should I weld it? Any insight or if you have done this before and want to share.. I will be greatful, thanks..:us:

oh and do us a favor. Only post in one section at a time... Thanks

Mine filled the whole rear compartment. I used screws through the side of the wheel wells into the box (actually one large drawer) and eye bolts through tabs on the rear of the box through the floor. The eye bolts made very good tie down points.

if you were thinking about welding do yourself a favor and remove the gas tank before you weld in the back just to be safe. floors really close to the tank ya know.

I built a box myself about 8 months ago. I just bolted it in. I did drop the tank to make a small plate for the bolts to have more meat to bite to but other then that it was a vary basic set up.

Back