• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Fan Help Needed...

akfanatic

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 XJ and the electric fan continuously runs causing the battery to drain.:flamemad:
Could this be caused by a relay?
Thanks

Does it stay running when the key is off? Just the fan running shouldn't kill the battery (while vehicle is running) and if it is you either need a new battery or new alternator. While it is running is you interior blower or AC on? Is the sending unit plugged in well?

Jess said:
Does it stay running when the key is off? Just the fan running shouldn't kill the battery (while vehicle is running) and if it is you either need a new battery or new alternator. While it is running is you interior blower or AC on? Is the sending unit plugged in well?
Yup, it keeps running when the key is off. If I dont disconnect the battery it is DEAD.:mad:
Tomorrow I am going to pick up a relay and see how it goes.
Thanks for the responses.

If the relay does not fix it, you could always leave the fuse out and rewire it from the fuse block to a toggle swich. That is how my trail rig is so I have manual control of it.

After I 4-wheeled mine pretty hard it started donig the same thing. I disconnected the battery and it stopped but it still comes on randomly now.
It must have something to do with when I wheeled it. Did you happen to recently wheel yours before it started acting up? Its good to know Im not the only one with this problem.

Back