• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator arrrrg!

CO_crawler

NAXJA Forum User
Just got a 98 XJ classic and the radiator is leaking actually shooting out fluid. I can see the leak but havent had a problem with any of my radiators before. What should I do?? I am comfortable installing a new one but can I get it fixed for cheaper? What is a good deal on an aftermarket radiator that will fit in this one?? Thanks

Crawlin Slow in CO

CO_crawler said:
Just got a 98 XJ classic and the radiator is leaking actually shooting out fluid. I can see the leak but havent had a problem with any of my radiators before. What should I do?? I am comfortable installing a new one but can I get it fixed for cheaper? What is a good deal on an aftermarket radiator that will fit in this one?? Thanks

Crawlin Slow in CO
When mine started leaking, I just replaced it.

I'm real happy with my CSF 3 row I bought from Dirk at DPG Offroad. Install was a breeze and the lifetime warranty is piece of mind.
I priced others locally, from the chain stores and they were more expensive than the all metal CSF from DPG.
http://www.dpgoffroad.com/engine.htmhttp://www.dpgoffroad.com

Hale

i have a 99sport. and i just had to replace my radiator, water pump and thermostat a couple weeks ago. i looked into repair, but it just wasnt worth it. i picked up a radiator from an auto parts store for around $120, with a lifetime warranty.

The stock radiators have plastic tanks that are crimped on, and the crimps can eventually crack and fail. Most XJ's with miles in the low 100's need a new radiator. Get a good quality 2 or 3 core all steel radiator and don't think about fixing the original. Besides leaks, the original radiators are mostly single cores, and they start to plug up and still need to be changed even if they don't leak.

If the hole was punched in and the rest of the rad is in good shap fix it. If the rad shows sins of age ( lose lower fins other repairs etc) replace it.

www.radiatorbarn.com is where I got my CSF really quick shipping and usually 2 options 2 or 3 core I went 3 it was just bigger all around

krelja said:
www.radiatorbarn.com is where I got my CSF really quick shipping and usually 2 options 2 or 3 core I went 3 it was just bigger all around

I'm another happy customer of Radiator Barn. The CSF is all-metal (no crappy plastic tanks) and decent quality. They were very responsive via email with a pre-sale question I had and shipped very quickly once I ordered on-line.

Back