• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Front Diff Help!!!

tomas0210

NAXJA Forum User
Was offroading the other day and when i took a sharp right hand turn the front diffs started grinding and jumping. I havn't took the plate off yet. Can you help me out?

edit: It's an open diff.

Last edited:
is it still doing it now? It sounds like it was in 4wheel drive and you took a sharp turn. That is what it does.

Your going to have to pull the cover and check it out. Run the fluid through a coffee filter to check for fragments and shards. You may want to grab the pinion also and shake it.. if it is loose then the bearing is shot.

I bet that it is the axle joints. my 96 does it now, even when it was stock. It used to bind really bad until i shaved them down, but it didnt go away. there will be marks on the outer shaft (look at the middle of the hub). i am preatty sure that is whay i broke the driers axle at the joint. i would be interested to hear from someone with cro-mo axles to see if this is something that was improved on with any of the turdy kits.

Back