• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it possible to straighten a bent T-case cross-member?

xylonjay

NAXJA Forum User
Turns out the jeep that I got such a good deal on has a bent crossmember and has screwed up the pitch and angle of the drive shafts (front and rear). My question is this....Could I pry it down a couple of inches with a 4ft crow bar and be relatively okay? Or is this not possible? Im stumped. Thanks for looking.

ould get a new one at a junk yard. Or try posting in the for sale/wanted section.

When you bend and re-bend metal it loses it's strength. You will be more likely to bend it again.

One of the bolts is shaved right off, I was hoping I coud just pry out the bend and call it good. Its my daily driver and right now im too scarred to drive it for fear of wrecking the T-case and drive shafts. Also, I am extremely broke, I know that is no excuse for not doing it correctly, but I gotta do something quick.

I bent mine and still drive it that way with no problems. And that was done 2 1/2 years ago.
IMG_0169.jpg

Back