• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best product to use to clean rusty tube

swbooking

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking for a product that you can use to clean rust off of some tube. I have about 150 ft. of tube that needs to get cleaned up and it will take forever to use the wire wheel to all those sticks so i can bend and weld them. Anyone got any products that work well?

I did a search and only came up with SpudJuice(r)'s Zinc-B-Gone but no description on how it worked. Thanks guys.
-Allen

swbooking said:
Im looking for a product that you can use to clean rust off of some tube. I have about 150 ft. of tube that needs to get cleaned up and it will take forever to use the wire wheel to all those sticks so i can bend and weld them. Anyone got any products that work well?

I did a search and only came up with SpudJuice(r)'s Zinc-B-Gone but no description on how it worked. Thanks guys.
-Allen

ive had good luck with scotchbrite and acetone but thats just me.

its nice to see others from running springs on the site....
i have to 2nd with the scotchbrite and acetone.

huh never thought of that, ill try that one. Thanks any other suggestions?

A solution of muratic acid and water will remove the rust very effectively. But if you've never worked with this stuff be extemeiy careful !!! It will burn your skin-wear gloves and a resperator! it will also burn your lungs! use outdoors w/ plenty of ventalition. And don't do it on your driveway either (people use it to etch concrete also)

HAHA i dont think ill get that hardcore into it, ill just stick with the flap disk or the wire wheel. haha thanks for the tip though
-Allen

Back