• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA Help

TwistedXJ91

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I have searched pretty much every forum for the answer to my question but couldn't find it. I am in the process of installing some rustys fixed lower control arms and when i took one of the sides off i didnt put the axle on jackstands and the whole side of the axle I took off, rolled back maybe an inch. The big question is how do I move it back forward? I have tryed to use a come-a-long on the axle and it was just pulling my jeep forward to. Do you think if I took off the coils and shocks that would help to pull it forward? Here are the specs on it so far maybe that will help. Rustys 3 inch, 1.75 inch coil spacers up front and adjustable shackles in the back. Thanks for the help everyone.

Last edited:
I just hooked my winch cable to the axle and winched it into place when I replaced my control arms. If you don't have a winch then you need to attach the come along to the axle and front bumper to winch it in place.
Dave

TwistedXJ91 said:
Hey, I have searched pretty much every forum for the answer to my question but couldn't find it. I am in the process of installing some rustys fixed lower control arms and when i took one of the sides off i didnt put the axle on jackstands and the whole side of the axle I took off, rolled back maybe an inch. The big question is how do I move it back forward? I have tryed to use a come-a-long on the axle and it was just pulling my jeep forward to. Do you think if I took off the coils and shocks that would help to pull it forward? Here are the specs on it so far maybe that will help. Rustys 3 inch, 1.75 inch coil spacers up front and adjustable shackles in the back. Thanks for the help everyone.
Ok. what I did when I installed my lift (my own long arms fab. myself) uper and lower new coils ect. I removed springs,uper and lower. with the axle on stands you can push the axle by hand ware you need it...now you got fixed LCA's put those in first that will get your correct wheel base then install your UCA's. then your spacers then coils then shocks. Mine are adj. both UCA's & LCA's, lowers push your axle in center, uppers gets your pinion angle. Hope this helps.

i had to take my rusty arms off yesterday when making some lca skids. All you have to do is get the oem bottle jack and put the base of it on the lca frame mount and the other end on the shock mount on the axle. Then just jack it up. I finally found this out after 20min of having one person trying to pull the axle while i tried to put the bolt in.

been there cursed that, it took me and my brother 2 hours to get it back in the first time. 2 straps one back to the rear and the other to his car in front to get it all lined up. we still needed a bottle jack on the mount to get the bolt through. from now on anytime I have to do work on the front end it is on a full lift at a shop, should have waited until I had time to get it in the first 2 times I've torn into the front.

not lazy just using connections to make it easier w/o paying someone to work on my junk

I know you got it done, but another way is to put a jack under the axle-end track-bar mount or the driver's-side sway-bar mount and jack from there. It will rotate the bottom forward more than you might expect.

I got just one more question now. My buddy told me to take off the lower control arm bracket and said that les shwab would put it back in for me because it is my alignment. Well when I took it there they didn't. I was wondering if i needed it because the LCA's wont if in between it. The bracket I am talking about is on the frame side and it has 2 bolts holding it in there. If I need it back on what is a way to squeeze it in there? Should I grind it down to make is skinnyer?

Back