• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket Seats

DXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a two door so when I heard MasterCraft came out with a reclining suspension seat I was excited since I would like to be able to still access my rear seat. I kept hearing about how comfortable they were so I got even more excited.

I finally got to sit in one and was EXTREMELY disappointed. Apparently they don't make them in adult sizes. It was actually painful to sit in that seat, not uncomfortable but painful. My hipbones (both of them) were securely wedged up against the metal tubing in the side bolsters. I am 5'11" and 215 pounds. They say that seats fits up to a 40" waist. Well I'm 39" after a big meal but even if I lost 20 pound my hipbones would still be just as wide.

Let me get to my question. Has anyone sat in Corbeau's Baja RS and compared it to MasterCraft's Baja RS? Corbeau says it will fit a 44" waist, not that it means much. Does it feel any bigger or the same?

I'm looking for a seat that will fit in the relatively small confines of an XJ but still fit large people. A lot of the people I hang out with are much larger than I am. At my weekend job, the crew of ten people has only one person smaller then me and five of them are MUCH larger than me. I really don't want seats that full grown adults can't sit in.

Thanks for any feedback.

Back