• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/4" Axle Play Ok?

StylerG

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering here....gotta a D35 C-Clip with a lockrite in the rear...
when pulling the tires out, they each come out about 1/4" some have said this is sloppy, some have said this is normal....any ideas?
Should i check my thrust spacers?

StylerG said:
Just wondering here....gotta a D35 C-Clip with a lockrite in the rear...
when pulling the tires out, they each come out about 1/4" some have said this is sloppy, some have said this is normal....any ideas?
Should i check my thrust spacers?

My recommendation would be:

1. Unbolt shocks, U-bolts, brake fittings, etc.
  2. Throw D35 into the nearest body of water or sell it to someone who drives like a granny with stock tires.
  3. Obtain 29 spline 8.25 or better yet, explorer 8.8 or XJ D44.
  4. Proceed to save tons of cash buy spending a little cash now.
  5. Thank me later. :thumbup:

My d-35 does the same thing.I noticed it last year.I can't say if it's "normal" because my rear end is on its way out(making high pitched whine around 35mph,either pinion bearing or diff)
take that for what it's worth...

StylerG said:
thanks for the advice........
id still like an answer to my question though

x2...

anyways.. 1/4 inch or so is normal for a c-clip, thats the clip moving in and out of its seat, and its nothing to worry about.

if you dont have anything nice to say.......:passgas:

i really was saying thanks
ive been considering ditching the 35, even have found a 8.25 near me id like to get, but still considering the implications for abs!
Didnt mean it to come across as not being nice....

Back