• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extra Herculiner, other uses

DBenz

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Like many of you, I've herculined the interior of my jeep (but put my carpet back in) and have some left over. I was thinking of different areas that I could herculine with the left over and probably buy some more. I've seen the side trim and fenders, but mine's not a two toned XJ, so I won't be doing that right now.

A local XJer did the underneath of his, all along the unibody rails and wheel wells, I was going to think about that as well.

Also, I'll be getting an 8.25 here soon and was thinking of maybe even herculining the axle itself.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Experiences? Pictures?

Thanks,

Derek

Fender flares too, though it's a bit painful to brush up against one with shorts on..

I have heard a few people complain that it changes color when left in the sun out too long, becareful of where you apply it bc i think once its there it aint coming off.

pete

did you do the roof inside too. or just the bottom, try the fire wall and stuff like that. axles would be nice, maybe the tie rods, other stuff like that, just for apperance.

I just did the floor, but made sure I got every inch and the tops of the wheel wells and what not. I have a 97 and the headlinjer is near perfect, so i didn't do the roof.

Can anyone see a problem with herculining an axle?

Whats the point?

Mark you couldnt do any damage with that little thing, no matter how hard and herculined it was.

DBenz said:
lmao, ok fellas.

What else is there? I've seen full bodys covered in it...
HellsGate.jpg

I ran out when I got halfway up the doors (it was leftovers from an older rig I had)

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18595

(I can't believe that you guys talked about it and didn't post the link!)

Oh yeah, and the axle thing, I wouldn't do it as it would interfere with the cooling. I would also not do it on the bumpers and rock rails as those surfaces get scratched easily and often. I would do the tops of those though for extra grip when you need to stand on them.

I did my rock rails with it even though I know much of it will be getting scraped off. (My rails were looking really bad and the Herc was convenient and seemed like a good idea...)

I would not do an axle - similar to rock rails it will get chipped or scraped off and besides I just don't think it would look good on an axle. It would look like you spray painted over a muddy axle or something.

More recently I folded up my lower rear quarters and I coated the underside of that as well as the edging around the rear fender trim and the wheelwell.

Or if you can't find a place to use it on, that's okay! Send it to me and I'll take care of it for ya! :)

hey,

what i would do is mix up the rest of the herc and dip the handles of your ratchets/ screw drivers/ breaker bars/ hammers and other random tools in it.
i dunno about you, but when im wrenching (especially under a jeep) i get oil and grease all over my hands. the extra grip would be nice. plus, nobody could steal your tools and get away with it.

-Tim

jeepnuts311 said:
hey,

what i would do is mix up the rest of the herc and dip the handles of your ratchets/ screw drivers/ breaker bars/ hammers and other random tools in it.
i dunno about you, but when im wrenching (especially under a jeep) i get oil and grease all over my hands. the extra grip would be nice. plus, nobody could steal your tools and get away with it.

-Tim
Because it would get stuck on their hootus?

jeepnuts311 said:
hey,

-Tim

Ouch! Do you realize how coarse Herc is? That would tear up my hands for sure. You'd have to wear gloves which would defeat the purpose of coating them with Herc in the first place. :)

Back