• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much will a salvage yard give me?

Beachmonkey6

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, ive rolled my xj and am trying to find a salvage yard or something to sell it to. Most places are probably gonna wanna crush the car down and use the metal from it. How much money should i be getting for the jeep metal? Or does anyone know how much places pay per pound. Thank you for your help, -Austin

I'm sure each part of the country will vary some. With the metal recycler here, you'd be lucky to get $100. Not sure exactly, but I know it's less than $100.

Beachmonkey6 said:
Hey, ive rolled my xj and am trying to find a salvage yard or something to sell it to. Most places are probably gonna wanna crush the car down and use the metal from it. How much money should i be getting for the jeep metal? Or does anyone know how much places pay per pound. Thank you for your help, -Austin

Even though scrap prices are up, you would barely cover gas cost. If you have space, part it out. Then scrap the twisted metal later. High price around here is $80 -$90 per ton. Takes alot to make a ton. Plus you have to break gas tank, no oils (usually), and etc..,

jeez, you could easily make a good chunk of change selling things like seats and wheels (if they're still good)

is the motor/trans still good?

Haha yea ive sold the tires and few things off of it... getting like $600 so far. And then buying a set of wheels and tires off a guy for $40 so it still rolls. But the engines around 309,000 miles on it and the interior is in really good shape. The seats were redone like 5 years ago so they are pretty good. I just dont have the space for it anylonger so its gotta go. Thanks for your help guys. -Austin

Back