• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turnsignals ???

KJR93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
They went out, fuses are all good, replaced the relay, and turnsignal switch too. No left or right, but the Hazards do work. What the hell is wrong, I'm getting flipped off driving with out turn signals. Help.
KJR

use hand signals, its perfectly legal.

Do a forum search..... ;)

My fix was located at the fuse box. One of the clips that hold the flasher in in the fuse box was bent too far open. I was able to crimp it back together, everything is a-OK.

Mark

Been searching like a mad man, most people have bad grounds and relays. I have no power at relay on either post. No power to switch either I'm going mad.

Thanks for the input

I don't have the schematic for the 93 handy, but I'm guessing it's the old style, with the direction flasher and the hazard separate units.
You should have power in one leg of the flasher (with the flasher removed), with the ignition on. The other leg you can test for continuity to ground, when you turn the directional handle. This will tell you which end of the system is acting up.
The flasher itself has a heater coil and a bi-metal. The more bulbs on the flasher and the faster it flashes (you mentioned a trailer). There are universal flashers and there are specialty flashers, designed to be used with more bulbs.
A really bad mismatch can damage the flasher unit, pretty quick.
If you can get the parts guy to look in the book, it will say how many bulbs the flasher is designed for. You may need a HD flasher.
If you have the combination flasher, with the direction and hazard in one unit, this is another kettle of fish.
If you have the HD trailer towing package, there is a relay set in the back behind the spare tire panel. Though this shouldn't affect things much if it's failed, but it may have a short. There is a separate fuse for the trailer harness relay set, on my 88 it's behind the drivers side kick panel, it may be someplace else on yours.
Don't know if I've helped much, but didn't notice anybody else posting up.

On my 88, your 93 may be the same or close, the back up lights are on the same fuse as the turn signals. This can tell you if the power through the fuse is OK.
Ignition switch, turn signal fuse (back up lights), flasher, turn signal switch, lights, to ground is the path.
On the old style, separate turn signal and hazard flashers.
No power to the either leg of the flasher unit, likely means it's upstream, the fuse or power from the ignition switch.
Somebody mentioned loose electrical connections, sounds like a bet to me.

Last edited:
Ok think we are getting closer.
I have a PO trailer light job, the flasher turnsignal was for 2 lamp. Last time pulling a trailer I blew my fuse to back up lights, under the hood. Replaced it and now week later the turnsignals are out.
I have no power to Flasher relay "little round guy"
So can I just patch power to the relay or will this mess things up. I now have a 2-6 Lamp relay.
Thanks everyone so far, but not home free

Fuse 8 with the ignition on. Then to the turn signal flasher.
I'm guessing it's fuse 8 in the fuse block, inside. Don't think it's in the PDC.
I have a 88 and 96 yours is right in the middle.

Guess I will do the hack job and make it work thanks for all the help, works so far. Some where their is a blown or grounded wire, not going to wast time finding it for now. Got enough aligators in my swamp.

Back