• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cold weather problems with windows

bulldugg

NAXJA Forum User
87 laredo w/electric windows. problem is windows slow down in cold weather (not that fast in warm weather!) should I be looking at a regulator replacement, or just a cleaning.

likely it's a problem of enough voltage getting to the window motors.
Do a search for "greg smith power window"
I'm pretty sure that's what it is, but it explains the problem and the fix very well.

Mine quite working entirely. I remembered reading a post recently about a 1/4 rubber hose in the door and replacing it. I could not get mine off to replace it, but I used an aerosol combo of pen lube, silicone and white lithium grease. One end of the hose is open. Lift it up and spray these or something like them into the open end of the hose, holding the hose as high as you can, then run the window up and down. There is something in that hose that needs lube once in while. Thats all I did and the window works like new now.:sunshine:

First thing I fixed in two years on this jeep that did not attack my wallet with a vengence, just kidding, but really it was a parts free fix!:yelclap:

Mine is an 87 Wagooneer.

Back