• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

65" Snowpack in the Coast Range

-=DeanstuD=-

NAXJA Forum User
Since I have a YJ, I don't post much. When I was looking for a jeep I wanted an XJ but I fit better in a YJ (__|__). Anyway, I have been lurking because my best friend and brother both drive XJs. i thought I would share some pictures since they are 2/3rds XJ.

Well, I heard Wednesday night, that the skinny weather guy on ch12 said, that there was a 65" snow pack on laurel Mt in the coast range. Thursday was my brother and my friend Steve's day off, and i was really disappointed I missed the OBH snow run last weekend, so we went to check it out!

We planned to go out of Carlton on meadow lake rd and turn up onto mt access rd which would lead us up to the radio tower on bald mt. just over 3k' peak.

We didn't end up making it much past the Trask OHV motorcycle parking area before even my brothers 35" tires, 6" lift and lockers front and rear just couldn't clear the path for us anymore. I think we got up to about 2k' before we turned around.

I lost count of how many times we used my winch, and we even managed to snap the cable once. We all had a heck of a great time, and our only breakdown for the day was the winch cable which we were able to repair on the spot.

Here is a link to some pictures;

http://www.deanstud.com/wheelin/trask3.1.7/index.htm

Trask3.1.783.jpg

image.pxf

Hey boss thanks for sharing with us. If you've been lurking awhile, you know how much we appreciate 4x stories and pics. Beautiful country. Thanks again.

Back