• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC 3.5" AAL to 5" lift

bluedevils369

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep-1996 Country 2wd-Rough Country 3.5" AAL Lift-Bushwacker cut out fender flares-32x11.50

My question is i have local spring shop building a 5" rear leaf pack, and need to know what i should do to level out the front safely without spending alot of money.

Thanks in advance

Add 1.5" coil spacers, or 2" spacers, or three extra stock coil spring isolators to each side in the front.

Either the uppers or lowers should probably be adjustable to dial it in perfectly, but if you already have 3.5" of lift I assumed you had aftermarket lowers. To get the best ride the lowers will need to be a hair longer, but you can drive it with the same lowers that worked on 3.5" if they're aftermarket. If your track bar is adjustable, adjust it. If you already drilled a hole when you lifted to 3.5" and are using a stock t-bar, then leave it in that hole. If you never drilled a hole and are using the stock track bar, then re-drill the axle-mount hole over to the right enough to re-center the axle after lifting it to your desired height. Leave the pitman arm alone for now. If you get a drop pitman arm and change your drag link angle, you'll need to change your track bar angle to match it or you'll get more bump steer.

Back