• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Having a stupid attack - 32's on 2"BB

Spidey

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having a stupid attack and have decided to run 32" Maxxis Bighorns on some cheapie wheels with wider backspacing. My rig has the 2" Rusty's AAL BB on it.

I'll trim the front & rear wheel wells as much as possible and do some extended bump stops front & rear (maybe limiting straps also).

Flex capability will be sacrificed, but I need ground clearance more than I need flex.

I can't spend any $$ on suspension and my tires are worn out.
All of my buddies are running at least 31's with 3.5" lifts and I just can't hang with them on the trails anymore so I gotta do something.
I don't want to buy 30's again (I'm hoping to get some XJ funds appropriated by June or July).

Does anyone have experience with this mod?

Yes, here is my XJ:
33x12.5 TSLs on 2.5:
Haspinflex.jpg

33x10.5 Buckshot Mudders:
fiscus1adjusted.jpg

32x10.5 TSLs:
rearbumper.jpg

More pics here:
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/jfiscus/89 Jeep Cherokee/

I ran 33s on mine for a while before I went to 32s (got too good of a deal to pass up).

I got some TJ flares, positioned them as high up as I could, traced their location on the XJ & cut it to fit. I think it does great for where/how I wheel.

Thanks for the info and bonus pics!

Are the rear flares TJ's also?
I've seen TJ flares on the front wells, but never a good pic of the rear wells.

Great job!

It flexes till it rubs, I try to pick a good line & don't have many problems with rubbing really. Stock bumpstops.

The flares are a set of front & rear TJ flares. I got them for free & painted them with Krylon Fusion.

Back