• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ with a fuel pump booster???

UncleBud

NAXJA Forum User
XJ with a fuel pump booster???
Anybody know if Jeep ever had some sort of option for an extra fuel pump booster? In troubleshooting a stall/no restart problem, I found an extra fuel pump inline with the one in the tank. It sits bolted to the driver's side frame rail just forward of the fuel tank. Anyway, what I found was the connector for it was plugged in but wasn't snapped in, just sort of halfway plugged, you could see the green weatherproof seal. Also explains I think why I always hear my fuel pump running? Like when I turn the key on, everyone says it should only run for a moment, mine never stops. Anyway, properly snapped the connector all the way in, and hasn't missed a beat since (still hear the pump running though) It appears to be factory, plugged in to a jeep style weatherproof connector right out of the factory harness.

If it helps any it's an 87 laredo. I think I got lucky and got one of those rare breeds with the d44 rearend. Totally dumbass luck too, I don't know shit from shinola far as wheelin goes. Doubt this thing will ever even see 4 wheel drive again. I just needed a dd with more room than the little skateboard of a geo storm I was driving.

Anyway, wondering if this was some sort of option that came with the extra towing package or if the previous owner was just lazy and bolted this in instead of replacing the pump in the tank?

Yea its just the filter. The fuel pump elect line connects right behind it.

least I know where the filter is now, may actually change it out. Thinking it was in the tank, no way my slack ass was climbing in there unless I got to

Yea!! I just put a pump im mine about 2 months ago. Not that bad of a job if you take your time and use plenty of PB Blaster.

Back