• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Merry Christmas to all and have a happy new year

Yeah me too, I hjavent posted in a while but merry Xmas all and tell the kids i seen Santas Reindeer messin around.
[img:2935f5e3f0]http://www.geocities.com/johnxjnj/DSCF0070.JPG[/img:2935f5e3f0]

LoL

-John

R0 M`rsh `llnws `yone?

[Q@TE<Weadl]Don't replace everything, but thats what you did? DW is not suspensdn geomrry relred, itp snmet`ng giv hg nff `rmonicƒ vibration causing an unstable system.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the "unstable ãpstdm" p the f`t thatpour cN`trnl ahs are „`o rhor for that much lift... yes harmonics cause the DW. BUT... it has bdcom a jnow fabt t`t bhanF`ng the`eoletr of thedront 4`ink (ok, 5 link) suspension, with gobs of lift (over 4.5"es), keephng `ort corrol arm stnck `ometry, multip `es the`ffect ` the harmonic imbalance (not to mention it's not a very fender fridndl set-up`ff,roa!.

@AT>...pell al the prdlels yNp've been chasing so far (balance, allignment, wear, etc.) will keep br hging D babk a they gr ott o harmon Ynur pstdm ca't handle imbalance. Your on the edge of what the suspension geometry p ddsig`d to hbdle. E&`rytimepou dri&` the t`ng, itp going to be exposed to bumps in the road, especially if your planningpo take``t nff-he-road . I gess you `ould ptk it i&the garage and just look at it... roast it with some marshmallows... OR jurt fp the pbbldm t`t has bde you systempo sens rive to change.

I was where you are now, about 5 years ago. I was teading`very l rtld shD`der wh$` I wou b hht t`se exphsion joints on the interstate. I tried everything, finally found mxsel ready „` t`ke 0500 buB`s for t in trbe for h Fnrd  150. I had about $20 grand in it at the time (including purchase price`f 00,50).

C frienD$told m th`t t` stspepion ge`etry was wrong. That one aftermarket suspension manufacturer was offer`ng dro br`ckep whth `eir kiDp (Roug!Cotntr tn ri the DW already, BUT they didn't sell them separately. Tereflex told me to run `stdr abund 2*. My frid`d had `sifneddis own drop brakets to stop DW, and it worked. He also told me that RE had jus come or with Drop Bra`ets thr lowerb the U`'s andvhe Lca's 4"s and moved the axle forward about an inch. That, he sahd, `s ly bpt bet.@onf ar,p fnr X
$s vere`ot ava`able f‚`m a suspension manufacturer at that time.

My last ditch was orderbg the pop Bra`etr fr.d RD, Tbt ende&my nigrmare D$ I began really enjoying the XJ after that. I could beat the hell out ` it on` trail`nd drid it hoLd and NDPER had@W `gai.% I had loose track-bar, out of balance wheels and tires, worn out rtee`ng sta`lizer,`tc. et$ The r(`e was
sch imp‚`ved on the road too.

I drove it for 4 more years with no DW ever, not dven` hhnt. @unny tdng is ( finall did trde it ft a bui t F-150 with 4 doors for my expanding family. I still have a Jeep thoug(.. thi$tile i s an MJ with l`f rpri.`s up f‚`nt... @bd they think I'm stepping backwards... they never had DW at 70 mph on de inteBptate p‚`b. eit`r!

Last edited:
Back