• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac bar questions

I'm not sure what you are asking? I got mine from RE, and went the HD route. New everything and no problems.

I never understood why you would want a sperical end on a track bar. It only travels up and down. There isnt a need for front to back movement.

conway4x4 said:
I never understood why you would want a sperical end on a track bar. It only travels up and down. There isnt a need for front to back movement.

Well there is a need, as the suspension cycles there is some forward and backward movement of the axle.
When the axle droops it moves backward with the arc of the control arms, when it stuffs it moves forward.
Of course it depends on your control arm angles, and length, but there is always some movement.

They used a flexable joint from the factory for a reason.

I can see your point, But I know on more than one the factory has done something that made you want to slap the crayons out of the engineers hand.
6 to one half a dozen to another.

Just glad to see that he didnt skimp out and forgo buying a new Trac Bar!

Back