• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing

jeepster0874

NAXJA Forum User
I just got 35x12.5 tires for a 96 cherokee with 6in of lift and they would not work because i have stock (15x8) rims what kind of rim do i want or how much backspacing for it to fit on the jeep thx.

I am running 15x8 with 3.75" backspacing. Upfront I have Warn hubs that stick out further making the effective backspace 3".

jeepster0874 said:
I just got 35x12.5 tires for a 96 cherokee with 6in of lift and they would not work because i have stock (15x8) rims what kind of rim do i want or how much backspacing for it to fit on the jeep thx.

Sure you have stock rims? I think all stock rims were 15x7's unless they are 16x8's (not sure if the 16's came in 7 or 8" width). By not working, do you mean they are rubbing on the control arms or are unmountable to the actual rim? If you have them mounted and just needed them farther pushed out, you can use 1" wheel spacers. I have a set I could sell you. PM me if interested.

Back