• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tube Doors

caglezxj

NAXJA Forum User
Who makes the best tube doors. I might build my own but would like to see some and see the cost.

I know Matt's been incredibly busy at his day job so I'm not sure if he's building Jeep stuff for his night business right now (www.formattfabrications.com). He definitely deserves a look.

Thats a dead link, even if you do fix the () stuff on it.

I've been trying to get a Warrior Products set going for the XJ, but my boss isn't biting on it, so I think I'm gonna do my own.

I know www.carolinarockshop.com has been making tube doors for both 2 door and 4 door Cherokees for years. Couldnt comment on cost, but from what I remember, they were reasonable.

AARON

your better off making your own or having somone local fab some up that would be a pain in the ass to ship but thats just my 2cents

zach,

not so much a pain to ship but the cost due to weight and size. They are lighter then regular doors, but IIRC, parcel services take a pass on them so your stuck going with a trucking company. That makes it more $$ to ship.

I made one out of a Chevy S-10 Blazer tire carrier...

tubedor2.jpg

tubedor3.jpg

I cut the stock latch off and relocated it to hit the pin on the door jamb...

tubedor5.jpg

tubedor7.jpg

then relocated the release handle to pop it open...

tubedor8.jpg

It worked pretty well...shut really nice & tight without rattling and saved a lot of time by not having to make the frame for it. Not a bad little option if you've got a welder and a junkyard nearby.

Anyone have any experience with the ones from Tomken?

Back