• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 upgrade

jeeper01

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97-99 model 30 Just laying around. My D30 in my 88' is leaking diff. fluid because a seal is busted. Does anyone have a writeup or more information about switching a disconnect axle to a newer model non-disconnect? I just have two newer model axles laying around (8.25, D30) out of a 98'. And plan on upgrading both if I can get the front axle in, so the ratio will be the same.

I dont understand the question....you say the gears are the same, then you ask how to swap the shafts for a non disco?? Changing the seal required to go from disco to non disco is a POIA and the guts of the disco D30 must be removed anyhow......

Why not just swap the ENTIRE axle??? Four bolts, two shocks one track bar bolt and two TRE's. You should be able to pull this off easily in a short afternoon!

Just my humble opinion....

CW

Yea I have the whole axle and thats what I am wanting to do. But what do I do with the vacuum dissconnect line just plug it? Will it have any affect on my lights working or anything like that.

cwlongshot said:
I dont understand the question....you say the gears are the same, then you ask how to swap the shafts for a non disco?? Changing the seal required to go from disco to non disco is a POIA and the guts of the disco D30 must be removed anyhow......

Why not just swap the ENTIRE axle??? Four bolts, two shocks one track bar bolt and two TRE's. You should be able to pull this off easily in a short afternoon!

Just my humble opinion....

CW
POIA? just wondering what it stood for
I don't post that much

It's a bolt in axle swap, none of the suspension stuff changed over the years.
Might plan on doing bushings, TRE's and such while you have it all apart.
You'll have to plug the vacuum line that went to the disconect actuator.

Back